Donna's Reviews > The Pirate's Daughter

The Pirate's Daughter by Margaret Cezair-Thompson

Oct 21, 11

bookshelves: my-bookshelf, everyone-s-choice-bc, book-challenge-2011
Read from September 29 to October 18, 2011 — I own a copy

This book was up and down to me. It was a nice read but sometimes I was missing something. It needed more and less. Does that make sense? There were times when I wanted more information and then there were things that could have been left out and served no purpose. I loved the whole entwining Errol Flynn and Jamaica. How many stories are set in Jamaica? AND the best part was the Bob Marley was not mentioned until page 300. It was a shock! I thought for sure it would have been mentioned in the title.

This was an interesting read and I am glad I read it. I had to google more about Errol Flynn though (In like Flynn). I knew about him and his playboy life but I had to get a better image of him and I think that the author did a great job with weaving fact and fiction. It was what made the book so interesting. Everything else was mere "meh" but because she wove in Flynn it just gave it more magic. It is definitely a good book club book. It makes for great conversation and it is truly a comfort read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pirate's Daughter.

09/30/2011 page 12
10/04/2011 page 63
15.0% "Had to catch up on some TV last night while doing laundry ;-)"
10/18/2011 page 311
72.0% "My eyes are getting old! It is taking me too long to read. Gottat get some new glasses!"
show 3 hidden updates…