Dayatara's Reviews > To Taste Temptation

To Taste Temptation by Elizabeth Hoyt

Aug 23, 11

did not like it
Read in August, 2011

This is the 2nd book I've read by Elizabeth Hoyt. I enjoyed Raven Prince very much and haven't been able to find the sequels in any book stores in my area, so I decided to start this series.

Emiline came off as very uppity and snotty. I didn't like her at all and that's what ruined the book for me. Because she was such a snob, I found myself imaginging her owning slaves when her and Samuel moved to America, and I imagined she'd treat them like crap. That has absolutely nothing to do with the storyline of To Taste Temptation, but I still found myself thinking those thoughts. Can you tell I didn't care for Emiline?

Samuel wasn't interesting enough to overcome my dislike of Emiline so the story just fell flat for me. The mystery of who set up the soldiers didn't pull me in either. I was so disappointed! This book was boring! The best part about it was the Iron Heart fairy tale at the beginning of each chapter. Now, THAT was interesting.

I'm going to hope for the best and finish out this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Taste Temptation.