Karen's Reviews > To Sir Phillip, With Love

To Sir Phillip, With Love by Julia Quinn

Aug 22, 2011

bookshelves: aug-2011, fav-author, historical-romance, keepers, own, part-of-a-series, read-in-2011
Read on August 01, 2011 — I own a copy

Another wonderful instalment in the Bridgerton series.

I really like Julie Quinn’s wit, she has had me chuckling throughout all of her novels. There are some disagreements between Eloise and Phillip where he has no clue why he’s in trouble and I could feel Eloise's exasperation trying to explain it to him and the fact that he still doesn’t get it just has a touch of reality to it.

As with all the Bridgerton novels there’s a light side and a more serious side which makes her romance novels just a little bit more than your average light romance. I liked that she touched on the very sensitive subjection of depression and how it affects the people living with the person who suffers from it. There were really some heartbreaking moments when Phillip reflects back to his first wife’s illness and how he was trying to be strong but retreating into himself and cutting himself off from the outside world including his children.

I really liked so many things about Phillip. I liked that he was rough and gruff and how he viewed Eloise as the light he needed in his life yet he did such an appalling job of letting her see how he truly felt.

And as always its great to get a glimpse into what the other Bridgerton siblings are up to.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Sir Phillip, With Love.