Tina's Reviews > Storm's Heart

Storm's Heart by Thea Harrison

Aug 22, 2011

Read from August 22 to 29, 2011

Totally loved this book. Thea Harrison is Queen of snappy, snarly, snarkly dialogue~ just how I like it. She maintained the same formula she established in her first book, Demon Bound. Thank you Thea. The hero Tiago Black - is... well I will repeat the description from page 12: "He was known to many of the American Indian nations as the creature that commanded thunder and lightning, quick to stir to wrath and war, but his true identity was as a sojourner of the Earth." Of course this description gives you no indication of his sexiness- trust me he is! The heroine is a tiny, shapely, fairy named Niniane "Tricks" Periwinkle, who just happen to be the new Dark Fae Queen. I loved her spirit. She is good for a tough guy like Tiago. This was a fun read. I gave it 5 stars for the following reasons: I re-read several sentences, not because I could not understand it, but because I simply enjoyed the dialogue between h/h. Final reason because Thea gave me so many lovely quotes! If you have not read this book yet, please do. You will enjoy it and root for Tiago and Niniane(as she likes to be called since she will be queen) throughout the entire book.

Soooo.... you know I must share some of my favorite quotes from the book:
Example of snarkly-snappy dialogue: "That's not your call to make, your snippiness." "Tiago." "Who is going to be Queen? Me, not you. You are not in charge here. You can't be. Get over it or go home."
1)"My give-a-shit button's broken"
2)"You're a twist in my gut I can't unknot. I look for you when you're not with me."
3)"I require a series of words strung together that make coherent sentences."

I told you I had a lot of quotes! I can't wait for her next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Storm's Heart.

08/22/2011 page 64
21.0% 2 comments
08/28/2011 page 244
80.0% "Totally captivated. Thea has done it again!"