Erin's Reviews > New York to Dallas

New York to Dallas by J.D. Robb

Sep 23, 11

Read from September 18 to 23, 2011

Once again, J.D. Robb blows it out of the water with another thrilling, fast paced edition to the series. The author takes a long running thread, that in other series would become tiresome, and she makes it relevant and crucial to the character development. Here is where we see Eve and Roarke come to terms and maybe finally peace with some of the horror of her past by hunting down on of her first big cases. We see Eve and Roarke deepen and solidify their relationship and we see Eve grow, as she acknowledges the people she has allowed to become her surrogate family.

While the characters are brought out of their comfort zone and into unfamiliar territory, both literal and emotional, the plot and pacing never suffer. We see Eve in all her steel-eyed, cop glory and it is thrilling to go from start to finish with her on her case.

It seems that right when the series starts to slow down a bit and the newest story seem to lag, she throws in the next book that reignites the spark that made me love this series. This series is a staple for me and at 30+ books, I am no where near series fatigue. Thanks J.D. Robb/Nora Roberts!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read New York to Dallas.