Patricia's Reviews > The Panama Laugh

The Panama Laugh by Thomas S. Roche

Nov 22, 2011

bookshelves: scifi, booksilove, highestrecommendation
Read in November, 2011

Do you know that feeling when you get someone the most amazing, perfect present and you want SO BAD just to blurt it out and tell them what it is because they can't open it fast enough or it's not their birthday yet but you are SO EXCITED FOR THEM TO EXPERIENCE THE AWESOME? That feeling? Yeah, that's what I've been holding back and why I read this book quite a while ago, but I wasn't allowing myself to review it as to keep from just telling you the whole goddamned story because it's a helluva good time.

So, I'm going to try to tell you some things I love about this book without giving away the farm.

1) There is a lot of cursing. I love cursing. I curse daily. In fact, I was so swept up in the well-placed cursing that I found myself adding the word "fuck" in places where it wasn't even written.

2) There's some San Francisco. If you know San Francisco, you love San Francisco. You don't know what it is to love a city until you've loved San Francisco. And the descriptions of places that I'm familiar with are so vivid and I swooned because I miss The City.

3) I have a special place in my heart for writers and artists who take normal and typically welcoming or cute things and make them creepy. After reading this book, you will never hear laughter the same way and when someone's laugh is "contagious?" Fuck that. That shit's terrifying.

4) This book is FUN to read. I smiled reading it. I LOL'd (but not too much, mind you). For a good time, I recommend this book.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Panama Laugh.

message 1: by Thomas (new) - added it

Thomas You are too kind!

Patricia Yep, that's me: too kind. People always say that. "Oh man, that Patricia is TOO KIND."

I liked your book. I liked it a lot.

message 3: by Thomas (new) - added it