Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream's Reviews > Just the Sexiest Man Alive

Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James

Nov 16, 11

bookshelves: 2-stars, 3-stars
Read from November 07 to 09, 2011

Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James is an adult romance about a lawyer and a stereotypical actor. The plot is unoriginal. It’s been done time and time again. However, Julie James made her novel stand out with a touch of sass and some wity banter. If it weren’t for two those things, I would have chalked Just the Sexiest Man Alive up to a “been there done that” novel. But, the charming characters and their heated connection spiced things up and saved the day.

The good:
The two main characters, Taylor and Jason, both have a sarcastic sense of humor (My absolute favorite kind.) I didn't have a deep connection with the characters, but they cracked me up so I forgave them.

Taylor isn’t your typical "flower kind of" girl. (I’m not either. I’d much rather someone give me $60 bucks (I think that’s how much roses cost) and pick some wildflowers from the neighbors yard. Flowers just aren’t practical. They will be dead in a week. I appreciate the thought that comes from flowers, but I can still have the thought, some flowers, and some money if things are done my way!) But back from that tangent...the great thing about Taylor is that she had some unique characteristics. Jason was a complete stereotype, but Taylor's character was almost original.

The bad:
I’ve read a lot of really good famous actor/musician stories lately, so I’m kind of burnt out. There are a few that stand out and are original, but a lot of them tend to be the same version of another story. This story fell somewhere in between the two.

This story could have been a lot hotter. I was expecting an extremely sexy story, but it just wasn’t that steamy. I was a little disappointed.

$7.99 is a little pricey for this story. Sorry I am cheap.

So the questions left to ask are:
Did I enjoy this story? Yeah.
Is it the best novel out there of its kind? No.
Would I recommend it to others? I would not rush out and buy it. Maybe pick it up later down the road…

I gave Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James 3 STARS (2.5 STARS). It’s a fun, light read. It’s sort of sweet and pretty entertaining, but honestly, I don’t think I’ll remember this story in a couple of months.

-XOXO

READING, EATING AND DREAMING
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just the Sexiest Man Alive.