Laura's Reviews > We're Not Blended, We're Pureed: A Survivor's Guide to Blended Families

We're Not Blended, We're Pureed by Diana Lesire Brandmeyer

Publisher: Concordia Publishing House
July 2011
ISBN: 978-0-7586-1791-0
Genre: Inspirational/Christian living/family concerns

We’re all familiar with the term of blended family. Diana and her husband Ed, both lost their spouses to death, and then eventually remarried. Between the two of them, they have three sons, the two older ones are twenty-one days apart—almost twins. But the problems when they tried to merge the two families…

Written in first person, from Diana’s point of view, she told the story of the struggles she and Ed had in trying to merge their families, the different temperaments of the boys, and what to do about the deceased spouse. Following each segment by Diana is a section by a marriage counselor (Marty) telling what Diana did right or wrong, and giving suggestions to others who are planning to or are blending two families. There are also random comments included through the book by other women who’d been there, telling their story.

I enjoyed reading through WE’RE NOT BLENDED, WE’RE PUREED and recommend it to anyone who is considering blending two families—or have recently done it and want to have a quick “stepparent survival skills 101” class. $14.99. 228 pages.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read We're Not Blended, We're Pureed.