Rae's Reviews > Dark Magic

Dark Magic by Christine Feehan

Oct 30, 11

Read in August, 2011

After reading Dark Magic, it finally hit me why I find it so difficult to enjoy this series. This series kind of gives you the feel of how men from the Middle-East behave towards their women. Similarly Middle-Eastern cherish their women and take their women's safety as well as their women's happiness into their roles as husbands and providers.

Once I was able to wrap my head around that way of thinking it was easier to connect with the characters in this series thusfar.

I didn't particularly enjoy Gregori and Savannah's book, although Gregori is the character I admire the most of the entire series.

Some of the actions that I thought questioned the honorable character he had been painted to be are as follows:

-the way that he tricked Savannah into confiding in him when she was still a child.
-he took her innocence by brutally raping her, then was disheartened that she was scared to be intimate with him. Really?
-after she finally accepted being with him, he continually forced his will on her (completely disregarding her wishes), as though he thought she was just some silly little girl.

I'm afraid that Savannah's character simply came out as "young and dumb"...essentially a talking blow-up doll.

Maybe I expected him to be with a woman that's feminine, a "girlie-girl" who is strong enough to go head-to-head with him (similar to his sister, Desari's chacter in Dark Challenge or Francesa's character in Dark Legend).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Magic.