Phleghm's Reviews > A Dance with Dragons

Aug 22, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: long-epicness
Read in August, 2011

So, here we are. At the last book currently released. I find it the best so far, possibly because it is mostly written from character perspectives that I enjoy reading the most. Which then again, doesn't mean much.

There is one very strong complaint I have for the whole series. The pace. The slowness. How NOTHING happens, and half a book is over. How Victarion sailed from the islands in previous book, and by the end of this one, still didnt reach his destination! Ridiculous! And on the other hand, I am reading countless of times about what they are eating, drinking, where, for how long, how, ... Alright, I get the need to make this realistic, but seriously.. This is not a diary a 9 year old kid writes. It should be handled differently, paced differently, and done differently.

With every single not-so-bad thing that happens, I am thinking of how can it turn really bad, what will happen next to revert the situation into utter crap. How exactly is this imaginary world we have been introduced into, going to suck more and more. George never disappoints.

I will read the new book when it comes out. If I remember. But I do not relish the thought of reliving this joyful experience and watch the series. Thank you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Dance with Dragons.