Ariel's Reviews > I Am Half-Sick of Shadows

I Am Half-Sick of Shadows by Alan Bradley

Nov 29, 11

bookshelves: mystery-flavia-de-luce

Thank you to Delacorte Press for providing me a copy of this novel to review.

I was super excited to receive an ARC of the latest Flavia de Luce Mystery. I have read all of the other previous installments in this series starting with The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie and have enjoyed every one of them. In the latest book we are given the treat of a Christmas episode. When we first meet with Flavia again she has flooded a room in her freezing cold English manor home and is happily ice skating away as she devices a chemical concoction that will trap Father Christmas and definitively solve the mystery for her as to who actually delivers the holiday presents. Shortly there after a greater mystery presses on the inhabitants of Bishop Lacy. Father has rented out Buckshaw to a film crew in order to drum up some much needed funds. One of the new visitors is murdered and of course Flavia is hot on the trail. It was really nice to get to revisit some of the characters that I have grown to love such as Dogger, Feely, and Daffy. Even characters from previous installments make a cameo in this book. Someday I would love to learn more of the back story of Dogger and Harriet. It is something that I hope Alan Bradley will explore in future books. In the meantime I really loved the developments that took place in the characters lives in this book and look forward to more adventures with Flavia in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Am Half-Sick of Shadows.

11/27/2011 page 202