Simeon's Reviews > The Magicians

The Magicians by Lev Grossman

Oct 07, 11

bookshelves: utter-shite, fantasy
Read from August 22 to September 06, 2011

The story of a quasi-sociopathic high school cretin who mouth-breathes his way into an exclusive fantasy club of anhedonic wizards - replete with bad writing and worse story-telling.

Enjoy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Magicians.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sophie I'm really enjoying it :) I mean the fox sex was a bit weird but I don't understand the strong reaction to it.

Simeon It's just the main character's attitude. I guess you should keep reading and see what you think.

Brittany Leigh Mouth-breathes. Love it.

This book is a piece of shit.

Andrea lol, I've just started the book and already hate Quentin. Your review, however, is quite likeable;)

Melly Agree. shockingly self indulgent, uneven, pointless and just deeply weird.

message 6: by Ben (new)

Ben Liking b/c I learned a new word here.

Kristen hahaha! Such a short review, but so damn spot on!

Stacey Millikan Bacigalupo yep. you nailed it.

Andrew Obrigewitsch You give more meaning in one paragraph than the book did. In fact the book felt like a pointless exercise in how to annoy readers.

message 10: by Kate (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kate exactly

Travis Blake Thank you - for putting into words what I couldn't. This book has frustrated me to no end, the characters are incredibly unlikable, and (even worse) so unrealistic. Grossman is a terrible writer and probably a bad person too.

message 12: by Nan (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nan i love your opinion. you're right u.u

message 13: by Jaie (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jaie i hated Quentin.... but througoput the book, i hated the author more... extremely misoginistic writing, plot and main character, terrible semi-ending, terrible everything!!

Laura Lewis This is the single best review I've ever seen.

message 15: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Powell lmao xD