Kris's Reviews > The Painting of Porcupine City

The Painting of Porcupine City by Ben Monopoli

Sep 08, 11

Read from September 02 to 08, 2011

After reading The Cranberry Hush I decided I would BUY ANYTHING BEN MONOPOLI WRITES. And I was highly anticipating this new book. I have to say that from the first page, I was laughing out loud and I quickly fell in love with the main characters. Ben has a way of writing that I just really connect with and I get sucked in. I am still thinking about particular scenes and how I imagine people looked and talked and their expressions. Always the sign of a wonderful story. And I will never look at graffiti in the same way again. I will say the end was a little...unexpected. I didn't quite get it... and I guess I do now...sorta. But, its definitely a great read! Can't wait for whatever Ben has in mind next!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Painting of Porcupine City.

Kris just got a few pages in last night but this made me laugh out loud on the first page!!!!!

“Welcome aboard,” I told him, jumping up to shake the neon hand he was offering…. Welcome aboard had somehow become my standard greeting for new coworkers – turnover had been high… and over the years it’d taken on more and more of a piratey tone. I was only a few new people away from adding a Yaarrr.”