Kristen N.'s Reviews > Enemy in Blue: The Chase

Enemy in Blue by Derek Blass

Jul 18, 2012

bookshelves: first-reads-giveaway
Read from July 08 to 10, 2012

Enemy In Blue written by author Derek Blass is about corruption... and yes people, it's everywhere! Enemy In Blue could have been changed from a Latin community to Native American, Caucasian or African American and the story is the same. Corruption is not dependent upon color nor by position. Could this really happen? Yes! In Enemy In Blue a tag along cameraman shooting one of those reality cop shows think this shift is going to be pretty routine. At first, he’s focused on getting the best angles for the greatest effect, when suddenly he is told to turn off the camera. Point blank, one of the cops shoots an old man, no criminal, just some old man who doesn't understand English. The fact is, the camera was never actually turned off, everything was gotten on tape. Once that becomes common knowledge, a cover up begins. How far and wide does this run? Will justice ever truly be served? Cops are supposed to be the good guys right, but just imagine if not all were. Derek Blass has created a story that shows sometimes that just is not true. Derek Blass masterfully created the characters in Enemy In Blue and propelled them into a situation none asked for. Being dealt blow after blow from a corrupt system determined to bring them down... and how do they react? They fight back. Lines are drawn in the sand and they have to make a choice. Just as we all have choices to make that will affect with us throughout our lives, conscious decisions influenced by family, environment & especially by our peers. Derek Blass is a skilled writer and blew me away with Enemy In Blue. I look forward to finding out what Derek Blass has in store for the characters in Allegiance, book 2 of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enemy in Blue.