Visionary's Reviews > Retribution

Retribution by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Aug 26, 11

Read from August 21 to 26, 2011

Sherrilyn slightly changed her voice. Reading Retribution it read like Sundown channelled her to tell the story, his voice, all with cowboy slang. She still had the humor and action that Sherrilyn Kenyon is known for.

It read more like an Urban Fantasy. She really did not focus too much on sex scenes like the previous. Even my hubby who read the book before me commented on the lack of sex scenes (which he was happy about. Less he had to skim over. Did it take away from the story? Absolutely NOT.

There are books, with the plot, the character, were it doesn't matter if you had a sex scene or not. This is one of the books. The story, the plot, everything to deal with it made up for the lack of sex scenes.

Many people may not like the introduction of other pantheons. Myself, the introduction of Native American lore and belief's brought a new direction. We met some new yet memorable characters. We also had characters from past books like.. Zarek! Oh yeah he still had me snickering and giggling. Talon! Sashah (man I missed his humor from Dance with the Devil)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Retribution.

08/25/2011 page 176