Ibjoy1953's Reviews > The Colonel's Lady

U 50x66
Aug 21, 2011

Read in August, 2011

My Review

This is my first book by Laura Frantz, and though it took me a while to get into the book, it turned out to be a wonderful read. And I am looking forward to reading more books from this author.

Roxanna Rowan makes a dangerous journey from Virginia to the Kentucky frontier to suprise her father, serving under Colonel McLinn. Upon arriving, she sadly finds out that her dad died in battle not long before her arrival. Just before his death, her father ask the Colonel to take care of his daughter Roxanna, but he has no idea he would have to face her upon returning to their fort, nor did he expect to be attracted to her. What will happen to Roxanna and Cass? Will they decide to live their lives together or will circumstances take them to situations so unforgiveable they can’t stand to look at each other?

As this wonderful historical war story unfolds, join Roxanna, Colonel McLinn and his men, Bella, Abby and all of the rest as the author takes us on a unique journey of a lifetime to experience love and hate, peace and war, betrayal, fear, mystery, brother hating a brother, and a spy thought to be a friend, with a little bit of romance thrown in for pleasure.

I enjoyed the lovely Kentucky setting of this story, and the family together of Bella, Roxanna, Olivia and Abby. I appreciate the faith of the characters spoken of throughout the book, not in a preaching way, but the grace and forgiveness of the Lord through the everyday lives of the characters.

“Available August 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

I received this book from the publisher Revell to read and review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 55.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Colonel's Lady.

Mark. Vanderpool Like you I thought it took me awhile to get into the book (50 pages at the most). At the end I decided I must have just had a lot on my mind when I started.

This was my first book I have read from her but will DEFINITELY read the other two ! (M)

Ibjoy1953 Thank you for reading my review, Mark! I am always blessed when someone comments on what I write!