Anna's Reviews > I Am the Messenger

I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak

Aug 23, 11

bookshelves: young-adult, romance, i-own, i-love-to-death, favorites
Read from August 21 to 23, 2011

MARVELOUS. That word itself could give this book justice. It is beyond the great, tremendous, awesome... or some other synonymous words to being excellent. This book really gripped me from the very first page till the end. I really love this book to the depths of my soul! I don't even know why I've waited so long to pick this up from my book shelf and read it. There is no doubt that Markus Zusak is beyond a genius author. This is truly one great piece of literacy.

I AM THE MESSENGER is definitely one or at the top of my most-favorite-books-ever-read. The book is so funny that you literally cannot put the book down. That's how good it is! I find myself crying at times through reading the book because I feel so much for Ed Kennedy. He is such a nice guy and I doubt you could find such kind, helpful and responsible as him in real life nowadays. GOD! I am totally loving this book! ashajdhasjdhajdasj!! This is so I can't even speak the words to further describe this one! And there's this awesome revelation in the story and it so freaking awesooome! Did I tell you this book is so awesooooome?! ☺ There are a lot of great lines in this book but I got struck of this one. It's the last words of this book:

And that's when I realize. In a sweet, cruel, beautiful moment of clarity, I smile, watch a crack in the cement, and speak to Audrey and the sleeping Doorman. I tell them what I'm telling you: I'm not the messenger at all. I'm the message.

I hope that people would realize that we are capable of doing more, rather than what we have thought we could possibly do.

I've also thought of Man In The Mirror by Michael Jackson as the theme to this song coz it really fits it well.

I totally recommend this to everybody! This is such a great book! ☺

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Am the Messenger.