Intoxicated by Books's Reviews > The Ultimate Sacrifice

The Ultimate Sacrifice by Talia Jager

Aug 21, 11

I have to say that I probably never would have found this AMAZING book had the author not requested a review for it! I'm so glad that she did! I absolutely LOVED this book. It took me two days to finish this book when it usually takes me a week to finish one. That's not to say that this is a short book because it isn't! It's just SO GOOD that I couldn't put it down! I was completely enthralled from beginning to end and I can't wait to read book 2!

Thank you so much Talia Jager for giving me to opportunity to read your book. It is truly a remarkable piece of work!

Kassie can't figure out how to control her gift. Mira is immune to it and she seems to be the only one that can calm Kassia down when her gift is getting the best of her. That is until Daxton got transferred to their school. Daxton is drawn to Kassia and he is a dreamer. He can take her away in her mind to calm her down when her gift is surging inside her.

When Mira, Kassia's best friend, is attacked and raped in a dark alley, Kassia looses control of her gift and kills her friends' attackers. She never meant to kill anyone, she didn't even know she could. Yeah, she wanted them dead for what they did to her best friend but she never meant to kill them.

Since Kassia has killed, the demons know she exists. They are coming for her. They want to brainwash her and use her as a weapon to control the world. Mr. Eaton, the headmaster, sends Kassia and her friends away to hide and try to keep each other safe. Daxton went to help keep Kassia from using her gift. Noe went because she can see things before they happen. Auralee went because she can hear the thoughts of others. Zane could speak to other creatures and Mira not only helped keep Kassia from using her gift, she could also compel others to do what she wanted or to forget things she wanted forgotten.

Kassia worries that the only way to keep her friends safe from the demons is for her to die. She doesn't want to die but she is willing to do whatever it takes to keep her friends safe. After all they are the only family she has...

I won't tell what happens in the end :) you have to read the book to find out for yourself! You won't be sorry! Trust me, this book is THAT good!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ultimate Sacrifice.