Sarah's Reviews > Fog: A Novel of Desire and Reprisal

Fog by Jeff Mann

So, not to rehash the summary, but Jay and Al kidnap Rob in a revenge plot on Rob's father. Jay is the one seeking vengeance and Al, as his lover, gets dragged along for the ride. The book starts off with Rob already kidnapped and secured in their clutches. The story is told from the kidnapper Al's point of view the entire book, which is different than I am used to but it works out nicely. The writing is good, very descriptive about both the characters and setting without being wordy. As a warning, this book does contain explicit rape scenes, they aren't bloody or violent but they are heart-wrenching. Rob does take some physical abuse, including some knife play, and there is a minor BDSM element thrown in the mix with the usage of restraints/duck tape and punishment.

Putting the next comment under a spoiler even though I will try to keep down the details:
(view spoiler)

So all in all, a decent read. I usually give 3 stars to books as my typical 'I was entertained' read, but I bumped it to 4 because the elements I mentioned in the spoiler were well thought out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fog.