Michelle Madow's Reviews > Incarnate

Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

Nov 23, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, read-in-2011
Read from November 17 to 19, 2011 — I own a copy

I loved Incarnate by Jodi Meadows! I wasn't sure what to expect going into this book -- all I knew was that reincarnation was involved, and in a way I'd never seen it before. It seemed like something I would like, and I was right. Jodi Meadows created a beautiful fantasy world, where for thousands of years, a million people have been reincarnated over and over again. I had lots of questions about why this happened, some that were answered in Incarnate, and some that were not. I'm excited to learn more about the mythology of the world as the series progresses.

I loved the romance between the two main characters, Ana and Sam. From the summary it was clear that Ana was a new soul, meaning she was a teenager, and Sam has been reincarnated for thousands of years, meaning he's a lot older than her, so at first I was worried that their relationship might come across as wrong because of their age gap. Luckily this wasn't the case. The author made it clear that even though the souls are reincarnated, body chemistry and age also contribute to how a person acts and behaves. Also, Ana and Sam were so perfect together that their age gap was easy to overcome. Their relationship grew throughout the book, which I liked.

Ana is a likable, relatable character who I found myself rooting for throughout the whole book. She's unsure of herself, but strong and determined at the same time. I'm excited to read more about her and the world Jodi Meadows created in the next book in the series. Also, there was a masquerade scene in this book, and it was done beautifully! So enchanting and magical. It was my favorite scene in the story. Incarnate is definitely a book I recommend picking up when it comes out in 2012.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Incarnate.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Brad Lucky!!! I've already pre-ordered this because I WANT IT SO BAD. Isn't that cover amazing?!?!?! :-)

Noël I can't wait to read this book :)

Noël Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! :D