Kelly's Reviews > Soul Survivor

251943
Sep 04, 2011

bookshelves: ebooks, paranormal-romance, read-in-2011
Read from August 29 to September 04, 2011

Who doesn't have a soft spot for two souls who are fated to be together through time? WHO? I mean, it's probably hell on your dating life when you're waiting a thousand years for the hunk of man flesh you were separated from to find his way back to you and everything, but it has a nicely romantic ring to it, doesn't it? Yes, I'll freely admit it - the whole two souls thing gets to me. It's fierce and passionate and all that stuff that epic love is supposed to be. To throw in the type of tragedy that Keva had to experience after tying the two of them together on top of it... well, it's kinda heartbreaking.

First off, I love Rife's name. Is that weird? I really do, though. Every time I read it I was like "Cooool". So, Rife's on edge. He's getting ready to crack. He's intense and sexy and when he gets pulled into the middle of a murder investigation while he's on "vacation" he can't just let it go. Imagine his surprise when one of the murdered ladies mysteriously isn't dead all of a sudden. Yeah. He's got a lot on his plate. Keva doesn't make it easy on him, either. She's like "Dude, you and me, we're epic." Only she doesn't really say that. I paraphrased. She does tell him things that are unbelievable and Rife has to come to terms with them. I mean, he doesn't really have all that much of a choice.

I really liked the glimpses we were given into Keva's past. The girl tossed convention to the wind and followed her heart. Yeah, the events of the past ended tragically, but I respect a person who sees something that touches them and goes for it.

Time travel, sexy soul mates and one disturbing bad guy make this a fun and interesting read.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soul Survivor.