Traci Haley's Reviews > Hounded

Hounded by Kevin Hearne

Aug 24, 11

bookshelves: audiobooks, fantasy, series-books, 2011, best-of-2011, lol-worthy-books
Read from August 21 to 24, 2011

As Oberon would say, "Oh boy, this book is better than 10 sausages and 20 French poodles!"

Oberon is, by far, my favorite character in Hounded, though almost every character in Atticus O'Sullivan's life makes me smile. I hadn't heard any buzz about this series, but picked up the first book because the plot sounded like it was right up my alley. I was *definitely* right!

If the book didn't say "Kevin Hearne" on the cover, I'd actually suspect that it was written by Jim Butcher. Hearne's Atticus could seriously be related to the snarky, wise-cracking Harry Dresden. Although given Atticus' age, perhaps he'd be a great-great-great-great-great (and then some) grandfather instead of a brother or cousin! I actually think I prefer these books over the Dresden books (gasp!), though don't take that to mean I don't still love Dresden, too.

I think, besides a kick-ass plot and all-around likable good guys (as well as totally fascinating bad guys), what really appealed to me in these books is the little geeky asides Atticus would throw in...like using "pwned" and making multiple pop culture references. The author is obviously a fellow geek at heart and for that, I am in love!

This was one of those books that I couldn't stop myself from gulping down like a good meal after a long fast. I'm looking forward to reading the sequels and meeting more Gods, monsters, faeries, demons, and alld the other creatures that populate Atticus' exciting life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hounded.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Mermaidrain Wow! Now I totally need to track down this book and give it a read!

Traci Haley Yes, you do! I'm halfway through the sequel and it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! Atticus is totally my new crush!