Janine Spendlove's Reviews > Silence

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Oct 11, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, fiction, paranormal-fantasy, ya-lit
Read in October, 2011

Wow! Can I first say that this has been by far my favorite book of this series! I couldn't put it down - very nicely done Ms. Fitzpatrick!

I will say that I entered it with some trepidation (mild spoilers from here on out) -

Mostly because the premise was that Nora has all her memory erased, so it's as if the previous books didn't happen. I groaned, thinking that this was a total cop-out/cliche so that a new romance between the same old character could be written... but I was pleasantly surprised & happy to be proven wrong!

Yes, Nora looses her memory, but this actually adds a nice fat layer of tension to things (especially re: her mom's new BF), AND as soon is it's reasonably possible, Patch is back in the picture & Nora begins to remember things. It wasn't just a rehash of the previous books either - loads of new details came out. I really enjoyed the overall pacing & story telling. While I was not overly wow'd by Hush Hush, Silence is fantastic and has really shown Becca Fitzpatrick's growth in story telling & yes, I completely adore her characters now. Also, the bonus chapter at the end told from Patch's POV was very nice. :)

Now, please to hurry up and write the next one! You can't leave me hanging like this!

Read on my Color Nook - good presentation and formatting.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silence.