Janine Spendlove's Reviews > Fire

Fire by Kristin Cashore

Aug 21, 2011

bookshelves: fantasy, ya-lit
Read in August, 2010

I enjoyed Graceling, but wasn't blown away. But I liked enough to buy the sequel when it came out. I just never got around to reading it. My husband picked up Graceling, read it, enjoyed about as much as I did (which is to say he felt like reading the sequel), AND COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN. I mean seriously, we were in Paris, and all he wanted to do was read this book! It was hilarious!

So I figured I should get off my butt & read the thing.

Holy cow!

I WISH I HAD WRITTEN THIS BOOK.

I LOVED IT.

Words cannot express how much I loved it! It moved me to tears at the end. Seriously. Very few books have done that. I think it's in part due to what happened in the Epilogue.

In short, READ THIS BOOK. I named it the best book I read in 2010, tied with the Hunger Games trilogy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire.

Manda Pommer Lewis Totally amazing book :) It's one I just sit and think about from time to time.

Janine Spendlove Manda wrote: "Totally amazing book :) It's one I just sit and think about from time to time."

Oh absolutely! Remind me when you come visit to tell you a funny story about Fire, my book, my mother, and Velociraptors. :)

Manda Pommer Lewis Bahaha! I can already tell that is going to be a helluva story :)