Lo's Reviews > Across the Universe

Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Aug 28, 11

bookshelves: i-loved-it, tear-jerker, fictional-crush, please-don-t-end, sci-fi
Read from August 26 to 28, 2011

WOW WOW WOW!

Warning: This review will contain exclamation points and I'll try to hold back shouting. :)

This book is so different from anything I've read, and I was a bit iffy starting it, because it takes place in space on a ship. But, hey, I like space. But, this is the second best book I've read this summer... and to be quite honest, this will probably be one of my favorite books. I don't know if this will be much of a review, but to give you just my impression of it and I don't want to give anything away. Sometimes you read a first page, or a first chapter of a book and you are sold. This is one of those books!! The beginning: Amy's POV is both claustrophobic and terrifying. Elder's POV is full of questions. And putting them together has so much unexpectedness that I just don't' want to stop. I don't even have words right now to describe how AMAZING the books is. I love the alternate POV's. The book was impossible to put down, I HAD to know what was going to happen. There are a few things that seem a bit immature reading, but it's YA and the entire thing isn't that way. The story is just so fast-paced from the beginning that it never lost my attention. The romance isn't in your face either, which is very refreshing. Also, it made me appreciate that I can go outside anytime at night and see the stars. :)

All in all let me just say "Shite" you really should "frexing" read it. Two "frexing" thumbs up!!! (that's something you'll get when you read it. So go read it!)

I'm so excited for the next book, it's ridiculous, luckily it will be out early next year! yeah!!

Quotes Lo Liked

Beth Revis
“I never thought about how important the sky was until I didn't have one.”
Beth Revis, Across the Universe

Beth Revis
“It is like a piece of my soul had been lost, empty, and it is now filled with the light of a million stars.”
Beth Revis, Across the Universe

08/27/2011 page 107
27.0% "Sometimes you read a first page, or a first chapter of a book and you are sold. This is one of those books!! Amy's POV is both claustrophobic and terrifying. Elder's POV is full of questions. And putting them together has so much unexpectedness that I just don't' want to stop. I don't even have words right now to describe how AMAZING it is. I love the alternate POV's"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Erica K. OK I'm def gonna have this moved up on my to read next list!

message 2: by Lo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lo Awesome! I hope you like it as much as I did! :)