Millicent's Reviews > Aftershock: The Next Economy and America's Future

Aftershock by Robert B. Reich

F_50x66
Aug 21, 11

good explanation of how we got here and what to do about it. covered well the amount of outrage about rewards to wall street and how the financial world of wall street is not the same as the economy.
i liked his concept of the bargain the government has had with workers. but wall street views the workers as expendable. there has been a plan to undercut the ability of workers to bargain collectively over the last 30 years - since reagan fired the air traffic controllers in 1981.
i particularly like his suggestions to strengthen the economy as we move forward - from a reverse income tax, medicare for all who do not have health insurance, raising income tax on the wealthy, reemployment program instead of unemployment program, college loan program that considers subsequent earnings, increased support to improve schools in low income neighborhoods and vouchers to increase opportunity and competition, and getting the money out of politics. he covers the waterfront of issues that are required to get us out of the current deep pit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aftershock.