OOSA 's Reviews > Draw Part 2

Draw Part 2 by J-Real

Aug 21, 11

Read in January, 2011

Loyalty

The hood changed the five years Serious was away. The killing he unleashed before leaving changed the dynamics. Loyalties built during his time in the hood while he was on top made sure Serious came home in style and not to the chaos. The news that his brother was still alive, how well his love Laura had handled their legitimate business, and how well his childhood homie Tipsy, now known as Tip, laced him has Serious truly considering getting out the game. The only thing stopping Serious is a few loose ends; some unanswered questions.

“Draw 2” keeps the fast pace and action of “Draw.” However, it wasn’t necessary for the reader to have read “Draw” in order to pick up and get into “Draw 2.” There are a few typos. At times I felt I needed a thug dictionary to follow along with the slang used but that didn’t take away from the story. The ending had a surprising twist and I was disappointed by it as well.

The synopsis on the back stated this was the conclusion; however “Draw 2” left more unanswered questions than its predecessor! I really hope for a “Draw 3.” I’m not looking for a happily ever after but some closure would be nice. For this reason I rate “Draw 2” a 3.

Reviewed by: Alicia

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Draw Part 2.