Amy Lane's Reviews > After the Sunset

After the Sunset by Mary Calmes

Aug 21, 11

Okay-- there is something comforting about knowing when you open a book there will be witty dialog, hot, strong men (a cowboy in this case!) and REALLY scorching sex scenes that make you remember that sex is, at its best, one of the most enjoyable and funnest parts of falling in love.

That's what reading a Mary Calmes book is like--characters who are smart, dialog that is sparkling, and the strong undercurrent of family and kindness and putting yourself out for your mate because that's what having a mate is all about. I loved After the Sunset--I loved Timing, and Stefan and Rand certainly didn't let me down on the second go-round. They are not necessarily nice people, but they are nice to each other, and they are gruff and smartassed and generally fun to spend an afternoon with. This book did everything I asked for in a romance--made me laugh, took me away from myself, and made me yearn. Good stuff. EXCELLENT stuff. What reading for pleasure is all about.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read After the Sunset.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Connie (new)

Connie this book took right off where timing left off and leaves you wanting another in the series

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Lane Connie wrote: "this book took right off where timing left off and leaves you wanting another in the series"

It does-- the guys are really fun to read, and Stef is a VERY enjoyable protagonist!

message 3: by Charlotte (new) - added it

Charlotte Watson After reading your review Amy, I bought a couple of Mary's books (Kindle) and started to read.
I love her characters and fast writting pace. Now working my way through her catalouge of work.(Now on my 7th title!!)

message 4: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Lane Charlotte wrote: "After reading your review Amy, I bought a couple of Mary's books (Kindle) and started to read.

Wheeee! I'll tell Mary that-- she'll be so pleased:-)