Raegan Butcher's Reviews > Black Coffee Blues

Black Coffee Blues by Henry Rollins

Aug 08, 15

Recommended for: punks
Read in March, 1993

This is my favorite of all of Henry Rollins' books. Especially good is the first section "124 Worlds". Very dark and provocative yet not without its flashing moments of humor. Rollins at the top of his game, an awesome thing to behold. He and Andrew Vachss are two of my favorite artists. Never met them (saw Black Flag in '85, but you know what I mean) and both Rollins and Vachss intimidate me in a weird, indefinable way, but they are men I hold in the highest regard.They have never disappointed me, always challenged, enlightened and entertained me. Read some Rollins. Start here.
12 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Coffee Blues.

01/29 marked as: read

message 1: by Kent (new) - added it

Kent Winward JulieAnn and I have had the good fortune to see Rollins perform his spoken word on a couple of occasions -- I agree with your assessment on Black Coffee Blues: Great minds . . .

Raegan Butcher Kent wrote: "JulieAnn and I have had the good fortune to see Rollins perform his spoken word on a couple of occasions -- I agree with your assessment on Black Coffee Blues: Great minds . . ."

Yeah, he's the man. Hope you are feeling better. Summertime sickness sucks major ass. Cheers!