Lady Jaye's Reviews > The Man She Loves To Hate

The Man She Loves To Hate by Kelly Hunter

Aug 23, 11

bookshelves: category-romance-harlequin-presents, dark-or-gritty-or-raw, read-in-2011, stars-4
Read on August 23, 2011

The rave reviews are right. This book is quite unlike most HPs Ive read in that it was dark, heavy stuff. And it is excellent.

Ms. Hunter writes great, fully-fleshed characters. I loved both Jolie and Cole, especially Cole (He's MINE, Lulu, you can't have him!) And she is a fantastic storyteller.

But here's my catch: I hate, hate, hate adultery stories, and I'm rather extreme in my dislike of them. There are very few cases in which I think it is justified, and this book was not one of them. Although it wasn't the main focus of the story, it was pertinent enough to have a bearing on the the story. I did not feel it was dealt with properly. It marred my enjoyment somewhat.

So although I will enthusiastically go looking for more of Ms. Hunter's books, and although this is probably one of the top 10 HPs I've read, I won't be putting it on my keeper shelf, and I won't be rereading it. I guess Lulu wins Cole after all, :-(

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Man She Loves To Hate.

08/23/2011 page 0
0.0% "Here goes..."
08/23/2011
25.0% "I am loving the characters but having a hard time with the adultery angle. pffft." 4 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lululemon (last edited Aug 23, 2011 01:07PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lululemon Aw. I can understand how you feel, Lady Jaye. Sorry your enjoyment of this otherwise really good book was marred by the adulterous background story. I'm glad you at least enjoyed Cole and Jolie.

Lady Jaye Yeah, Jolie and Cole were great. you were so right about them. I'm wondering if she might do a sequel for Hannah....

Lululemon Seems like they set it up that way, but her next book seems to be unrelated.