Paige's Reviews > All I Want for Christmas is a Vampire

All I Want for Christmas is a Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks

Nov 03, 2011

bookshelves: i-own, 2011-books, loved-it, nook, multiple-copies
Read from November 01 to 03, 2011 — I own a copy

I different spin on this one. This time Toni Davis is well aware of the world of vampires and is out to expose them.

After her friend Sabrina is attacked, Toni is asked to find proof so she knows she's not crazy. Not believing her, Toni wonders into the same park the next night and almost met her death, if it hadn't been for Conner, by the same vampire attack.

Now, she's accepted the job offer from Conner as a day guard and is steadily trying to find proof that they exist despite her oath of secrecy.

Her story isn't questioned until she meets Ian MacPhie. Back from his time off after his rapid aging, Ian can instantly tell she's hiding something.

No longer in the body of a 15 year old, Ian is on the patrol to find his mate. Unlike the others who hadn't been looking for love, Ian desperately wants it. However, he's not up for a mortal mate, for he wants pure honesty and a relationship with a mortal screams lies.

Yet, despite knowing Toni is hiding something, he can't get her off his mind. She challenges him, intrigues him, and causes emotions he hasn't felt before to surface.

It takes a while, but eventually Toni realizes from being around them that not all vampires are bad. Their practically normal! Yet, she fights her growing attraction for Ian and begins feeling herself being pulled in two different directions.

Warned to stay away from each other, Ian and Toni can't seem to care the consequences once they admit their true feelings.

Simultaneously, the new villain Jedrek is after Roman's stay awake drug and is willing to attack the people closes to Ian.

With Christmas quickly approaching, it appears Ian will find the love he was searching for.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All I Want for Christmas is a Vampire.

11/01/2011 page 49