Janina's Reviews > City of Lost Souls

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

Aug 20, 2011

bookshelves: angels-demons-fallen-angels
Read from June 04 to 08, 2012

This book surprised me. I didn't know what to expect going into the fifth book of The Mortal Instruments series. I've been anxiously awaiting its release for a year! I was hearing so many mixed reviews about it, I didn't know what to expect. But the anxiety is over, and you know what, I loved it! :)

This book basically started off kind of where City of Fallen Angels left off! Which is awesome, no in between gaps. I didn't know how I felt in the beginning, but as the book progress things got interesting.

To me this book seems darker than the other books in this series. There was something that I can't quite put my finger on that made it so different.

The characters were all the same and I enjoyed each and every one of them. And I really like the switching of the character's POV. You got a deeper look into the mind of each one. Clary is Clary. I really like Isabelle and Magnus! :) Magnus is so hilarious :) Simon is Simon and Jace, oh Jace. Jace is still my love. I wanted to see the old Jace, but this Jace was so different and so not like himself. But those glimpses *tear*. Sebastian is an absolute nutcase! He's psycho!

This book was action packed! That aspect of this series never changes. There's were so many twists and turns that kept the anticipation going crazy. So many things happened. Each character had some task to accomplish and that made the book even more better. They had the same goals, but end the end, they each had to accomplish something for themselves.

That ending has me once again anxiously awaiting the final book that concludes this amazing series! I loved this book. It's not my top fave, but it's still amazing :) Oh, and what is going to happen between Magnus and Alec?! :O

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Lost Souls.

06/04/2012 page 80