Nejra's Reviews > The Invisible Chains - Part 1: Bonds of Hate

The Invisible Chains - Part 1 by Andrew Ashling

Nov 06, 11

Read from November 05 to 06, 2011, read count: 1

This is one of the best books I red in few last months. It's about two brothers Ehander and Anaxantis who leave to Northern Marches as lord governors with equal power. Their father, the High king of land Ximerion wants to test them to see which of them are fit to be next king. Anaxantis is week boy, because he was sick from childhood, but he is smart. Ehander seeks to get rid of him, so he chains him in theirs room. One night when he is drunk, he rapes his Half brother, and that night Anaxantis turn all his love into a hate and promise himself that he would get revenge at his brother thousandfold. And he does just that, Ehander becomes nothing, while Anaxantis becomes a warlord.
Andrew Ashling reverses the events perfectly. The book is worth reading for all those who loves to read books with tense situations when you cannot guess what will happen next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Invisible Chains - Part 1.

Quotes Nejra Liked

Andrew Ashling
“What? Oh, of course. Siuria, you mean. No, no, Tinka's leg fell off. Tinka, Siuria's doll. So she brought her to the doctor. As she shold. Bright young thing.”
Andrew Ashling, The Invisible Chains - Part 1: Bonds of Hate

Andrew Ashling
“It's sobering really," she thought, "how easy it is to reduce a human being to the state of an animal. You just take away some paraphernalia like clothing and put him in another environment. I bet that if I were to keep him there for a few months he would simply adapt to the swine lifestyle. A pity, but I haven't got time to experiment. But a few days, well, they are necessary to take his hope away and mollify his spirit.”
Andrew Ashling, The Invisible Chains - Part 1: Bonds of Hate