Marie's Reviews > Scotland By Starlight: The Sequel To A Scottish Ferry Tale

Scotland By Starlight by Nancy Volkers

Apr 11, 13

bookshelves: blog-tour, own, signed-by-author, read-in-2012, scotland, swoonworthy-guy, wanderlust
Read from January 28 to 31, 2012

This review was originally posted on my blog, Ramblings of a Daydreamer. You can find it, and many more reviews at the blog.

Note: Since this book is a sequel, there will be spoilers regarding the first book. With some sequels, you don’t really need to read the first book, but this is not one of those cases. Unless you want to be completely lost and miss a lot of references and inside jokes, you should read A Scottish Ferry Tale first. And I really do mean that - you should read it!

I adored A Scottish Ferry Tale. It’s one of my favorite books that I’ve read so far in 2012. I enjoyed Scotland by Starlight very much, and thought it was a great sequel, but I enjoyed the first book more. Sometimes you read a sequel and you end up wishing the author had left well enough alone, but I loved getting to follow Cassie and Ralph as they continued their journey in life and love. I thought they were such a great couple - they were flawed, they made mistakes, they got angry, they fought, they had very real emotions, but at the base of it all they were deeply in love.

There was less tension in this book, and less emotional complications and obstacles for Cassie and Ralph. I have to admit, I enjoyed the tension in the first book - that will they/won’t they excitement. Scotland by Starlight was like a glimpse into their every day lives, and I enjoyed that a lot. It was still funny, sexy, at times heartbreaking, and always very believable.

I enjoyed the secondary characters just as much in the second book as the first. It felt like being reunited with old friends. I also liked that there were subtle subplots worked in there, too. It all worked very well. It made me wish I had a bigger family or lots of friends to have gatherings with the way Cassie and Ralph did with their friends and family. I could picture it all so clearly - the chaos, the noise, the laughter, the camaraderie, the music, the food, and I loved it.

Overall I enjoyed this book, and this series, very much. I know that Cassie and Ralph will stay with me for a long time.

(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scotland By Starlight.

01/31/2012 page 92