Holly (2 Kids and Tired)'s Reviews > Amish Values for Your Family: What We Can Learn from the Simple Life

Amish Values for Your Family by Suzanne Woods Fisher

Aug 20, 11

Read in August, 2011

That the Amish people have strong families is well known. Why they have them is what fascinates so many people. Here, Suzanne Woods Fisher shares the secrets of Amish family life. Through Amish proverbs, personal stories and anecdotes, Suzanne shows us that everyone of us can incorporate Amish values in our own lives.

As I read this little gem of a book, I thought that much of living life really is so simple. We tend to make it complicated. So much of the Amish way of life can be boiled down into one word: kindness. They are kind to each other, they care about each other, whether it be family, neighbor or even stranger. There is respect in these families and in their communities. I think a little more kindness would go a long way in making our own homes and communities happier and more successful.

This is a book that I will read again and I will have a highlighter and pen with me so I can mark passages and jot down my thoughts. It's one of the best parenting books I think I've ever read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amish Values for Your Family.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by kyersten (new) - added it

kyersten Wow! Great review, I think I'll have to find myself a copy.