Mommylucy's Reviews > Friendship Bread

Friendship Bread by Darien Gee

U_50x66
Aug 20, 11

Read in April, 2011

Once you start this delicious novel, you won't be able to put it down. The inter-woven stories of six women in this small, Illinois town are enough to capture any reader. Each of these interesting women has a story to tell; a story of pain or loss. Through the events of this novel, as the Friendship starter is passed throughout the town, each woman slowly learns to trust another with her heart as she looks to heal and move forward. The emotions are real and there isn't a situation here that every reader can't easily identify with. Each character walks a different walk, comes from a different place; cross-generational women, reaching out to help one another. It's a story of sisters, moms, friends, bakers, artists.no one is left out here. This brilliant author has found a way into the reader's heart through these great characters. Darien Gee gives the details and thought that make a book great. A book that will stay with you long after you finish the Epilogue; it will stay in your thoughts and call you back to read it again. In addition, this book is a slam-dunk for anyone that loves food or loves to bake. I was dying to get a nibble of all the great foods mentioned in this book! Don't miss the recipes included in the back of the either. I'm seriously considering whipping up my own "starter" and passing this around my small town! A book to love, a book to give, and a book to remember.don't miss this one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Friendship Bread.