Aneeqah's Reviews > The Enchantress

The Enchantress by Michael Scott

Sep 29, 12

bookshelves: magic, urban-fantasy, wizards-or-witches, mythology, the-reading-games
Read from July 06 to 07, 2012

Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars

The Enchantress was a fantastic end to one of my favorite series of all time. The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series has always had a special place in my heart, so while I was sad to see the series end, I must say it ended with a huge bang. This book was definitely my favorite of the entire series!

The Enchantress is different from most young adult books, since it doesn’t focus on romance, rather it focuses on the action. I’m a huge fan of action, I always prefer that over romance. It was actually really refreshing to read a book that’s not all about romance. It’s a nice break from all the other YA books. Instead, this book is more focused on family and friend relationships- and what you would sacrifice for both.

This book was addicting with a capital A. Seriously. With non-stop action, it was just impossible to put down. I read this book in almost one sitting, it was that addicting. I mean, this book is over 500 pages long! But there was always something new happening, something different thrown at the characters that just made me want to keep reading. So addicting!!

The best part of The Enchantress has to be that ending. Sure, there were some seriously awesome plot twists but that one at the end? It took my breath away. It was absolutely genius. I never saw that coming, and I’m betting my buttons that not a single person could see that coming. It was that unexpected. But it was seriously amazing.

My only complaint for this book is that I wasn’t satisfied with Sophie’s ending. I wanted to know more about what happened with her, some more closure. I wanted a better ending with her, so it was a bit disappointing that we didn’t get to know more about what happened .

Overall, The Enchantress was a fabulous ending to a great series. This book had it all; the action, the fantastic ending, the everything. Even though I was sad to say goodbye to the characters, this book is definitely my favorite of the series! If you haven’t picked up the first book in the series, The Alchemyst, I totally recommend that you do!

Find this review, and more at my blog My Not So Real Life!
37 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Enchantress.

07/07/2012 page 267
52.0% "SO GOOD!"

Sara Agreed!

Beldandy Belissima absolutely no romance! i love it!

Meli vey much agreed, wish there was more of a closure on Sophie's end.

Brooke I had to go back and reread the ending, it was just so beautiful.

message 5: by Sandeep (new)

Sandeep *SPOILERS* I don't get it perfectly, so the whole time the hooked guy was Josh?

Beldandy Belissima no...josh is replacing hooked guy place...
new marethyu..

Jennifer No, it's a loop. Josh is the one and only Marethyu...

message 8: by Lily (new)

Lily Yeah i agree with Jennifer, Josh was always the hook handed man, Josh was just from a different time line. Anyway i agree with this review i was so shocked iswell. But i did have an idea that Josh was Marythra because of his blue eyes. And how Michael described his eyes made me more sure that he was josh. But still i was still shocked

Jarod I loved how just about every character gets a good ending. And your totally right about all the plot twists, this us by far my favorite conclusion to any book series ever