Ida's Reviews > Rivers of Belief

Rivers of Belief by Richard Craig Anderson

Aug 22, 11

Read from August 20 to 22, 2011

This book is a mixture of a police mystery and a romance novel. I met the author a few times back around 1985 when I was dating a good friend of his. He was gracious enough to let us spend the night at his Ocean Pines, MD home so we could get some R & R at the beach. He was a Maryland State trooper at the time so I figured he had enough insider knowledge to write a pretty good mystery.

I enjoyed the fact that their were lots of twists and turns in the book. I'm pretty good at figuring out "whodunit" in a story but this one kept me guessing until the very end. I have been spending summers in Ocean City since I was a teen, so I relished reading about the familiar scenery & landmarks. He was spot on in this regard.

I had difficulty relating to his relationship with Natalie. Even in my younger days, I was not as sexually promiscuous or liberated as his character seemed to be. I don't care that his best friend was bisexual but I don't think I could let my girlfriend sleep with (and get impregnated by) another man with such detachment.

The biggest dissapointment for me is that "Rivers of Belief" did not convert to Kindle very well. Sentences and names were not capitalized and this made a very distracting reading experience. Still worth reading, but buy the book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rivers of Belief.