Chris's Reviews > Robopocalypse

Robopocalypse by Daniel H. Wilson

Dec 18, 12

Read from November 09 to December 18, 2012

I must say, that at the start I was thoroughly enthralled by this book. The way it was set out with the different characters both before and after 'Zero Hour' and how they reacted to the situation (The New War) in different ways. From Mr. Nomura in Japan and building his 'Senshi' (Robots that defend him) and the couple in New York who destroy buildings to slow robots down.

But I found that with maybe 100 pages to go, the pace of the book both slowed and sped up. It jumped huge time gaps and I felt that it lost it's way. I felt that the end was slightly weak and a bit.... predictable almost. It was like a film where you know the hero is going to come out on top in the end

I did think that it was written in a really good way, there were elements from A.I, iRobot and The Matrix all thrown in, I just felt that, in the end, there was something missing. Something that would make the end a bit more......spectacular.

It felt like a computer game that has all the potential in the world, but was released 6 months too soon and not fully developed. Just a bit more, just a tiny bit more, and this could have been a seriously good book. In the end it will just have to settle for being pretty good.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Robopocalypse.

11/09/2012 page 19