Katie Sargent's Reviews > Riven

Riven by Jerry B. Jenkins

Mar 21, 12

bookshelves: fiction
Read from August 19 to 25, 2011

While this story was interesting enough to keep my attention until I finished the book, I do not care too much for Jenkins's style of writing; I find it rather pedestrian. He did a fair job of developing the characters while telling a story that was true-to-life, even though at times I was frustrated by the starkness of one of the main character's old-fashionedness - and I thought I was old-fashioned. I say that the story was true-to-life, and I think that is true until the last several chapters. I will not give the ending away, but the way the story was going I guessed the "big ending" and was still surprised because when I suspicioned the ending, I thought to myself, "No, surely that is too ridiculous," but apparently it was not for Jenkins. If I say anymore I will give too much away for those who might read this and actually be intrigued enough to read the book. I will just say that this book is a lot like a Hallmark or Lifetime movie, so if you like those, you will probably enjoy Riven.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Riven.