Kristy's Reviews > The Summer I Turned Pretty

2079018
Aug 20, 11

bookshelves: 2011, ebook, loved-it, sniff, widget-shelf, app-google
Read from August 19 to 20, 2011 — I own a copy

So I was expecting this to be a fluffy, light read, but it was so much more than that. I couldn't stop reading it. I didn't boohoo cry, but my eyes got watery. I wasn't expecting it to evoke so much feeling. I identified with so many of her feelings. The feeling of being left out because you're the youngest. Or having that friend that always seems to be a little bit prettier, more stylish and popular. I can remember feeling all the things she felt throughout the book.

I loved all the characters. Well except for Red Sox girl. Reading this made me want to know Susannah, Laurel, Belly, Steven, Jeremiah and Conrad. I wanted her summers! How fun, to go to a beach house every summer, with best friends.

My ONE complaint was her name... Belly? Her name was Isabel, but they called her Belly. Not Belle, Iz or Izzy. It was Belly. Thats weird. I never got used to that name. Every time someone said it I immediately thought of beer gut.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FAVORITE QUOTES

"Whoops," my mother said. "I guess the cat's out of the bag, Beck. Boys, your mother's been taking medicinal marijuana to help with the nausea from her chemo."

Steven didn't look away from the TV when he said, "What about you mom? Are you toking up because of your chemo too?"

~Laurel and Steven

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Summer I Turned Pretty.