Matt Richter's Reviews > The Spook's Stories: Witches

The Spook's Stories by Joseph Delaney

Aug 19, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, young-adult

This is a supplemental book to Joseph Delaney's Wardstone Chronicles Series (which I'm a big fan of) containing 5 short stories. It should definitely be read after reading the first 6 books from the main series. I wasn't expecting too much from this one, cos I haven't really developed much of an appreciation for short stories when compared to normal length stories. My expectation was probably something akin to viewing the deleted scenes in the DVD release of a film. But I was pleasantly surprised to find that these Spook's Stories were much more than 'deleted scenes' and more like the amazingly richer experience you get when watching the extended cuts of 'The Lord of the Rings' films when compared to the theatrical releases. Delaney shows that he's also a master of the short story form and adds incredible value to the series as a whole. I hope he writes another such book to compliment the series in due course.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Spook's Stories.