Princess Bookie's Reviews > Playing With the Boys

Playing With the Boys by Liz Tigelaar

Dec 01, 11

bookshelves: read2011
Read from September 14 to 15, 2011

My Thoughts: In Playing With The Boys, we are introduced to Lucy. Lucy lives with her father and is forced to move to Los Angeles. She lost her mother and her father wants to get away from all the memories so he drags Lucy across the country.

Lucy has to make new friends, go to a new school, and basically learn how to be a California girl, which is harder than you would think.

On her first day of school she meets a boy named Benji. She and Benji become good friends. Then there is another boy who she has a crush on.

Oh I guess I'm forgetting something here. Lucy tries out for the soccer team. She's good at soccer and figures this is a way to meet friends. But she doesn't make the team so instead she tries out for the Football team and she does make that one.

Her father forbids her from playing because its too dangerous but Lucy plays anyways.

Playing With The Boys was a fun read, but not too deep. None of the characters really clicked with me the way I wanted. I still enjoyed reading it but if your looking for a football themed book, you might also want to try Catching Jordan.

Overall: Liked it quite a bit but didn't love it. It was a quick read though so I finished it in one sitting.

Cover: Like it, but mostly I like the football players legs in the background. They add a certain spunk!

What I'd Give It: 4/5 Cupcakes
____
Review Based On Paperback Edition

Taken From Princess Bookie
www.princessbookie.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Playing With the Boys.

09/14/2011 page 175
09/14/2011 page 275
90.0% "so cute. definitely needed a cute book."