Natasha's Reviews > The Ideal Man

The Ideal Man by Julie Garwood

Aug 19, 11

The Ideal Man is the first novel I've read by Julie Garwood, but if more of her novels are like this one was then I'll be reading many more. This novel wasn’t just good, it kept me up until 3am reading. I couldn’t put it down.

Ellie is a wonderful heroine. She’s smart, extremely attractive and one of the nicest people you’d ever read along with. She’s also the best surgeon on staff at the St. Vincent Hospital. Ellie meets Max during a shooting with a modern day Bonnie and Clyde. From the first time she meets him, she knows he’s not her type, but she wants him to be.

Max is a agent with the FBI and he’s been trying to get the Landry couple for a while, they almost got him at the park, but they underestimated them. He didn’t expect to meet the beautiful Dr. Sullivan and he certainly doesn’t have the time for a relationship that she deserves, but he can’t seem to stop thinking about her.

As a witness Ellie is in danger of being put to ‘silence’ by the Landrys and if that isn’t bad enough Max finds out about her horrible past with a evil man. He wants to strongly protect her and he’ll do anything to see her safe. Did I mention Max is extremely handsome? Well, he is. He’s loyal, smart and downright dreamy. He was the hero of the novel and is now my hero!

I highly recommend this novel to mystery, suspense and romance novels. You’ll be kept on your toes and have many twists to keep you begging for more. I’m going to be picking up more of Julie Garwood for certain.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ideal Man.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jaime Atkins You MUST read more Garwood. She is a wonderful historical writer, but if you like contemporary like this one, read the Buchanan series. The first one is Heartbreaker and it is fantastic. Garwood is one of my absolute favorites!!!!