Marion Marchetto's Reviews > The Beach House

The Beach House by Jane Green

Aug 19, 11

When I hear the phrase "easy read" or "beach read" I usually hesitate to pick up the book so described. But the premise of an eccentric, free-spirit older woman who turns her home on Nantucket into a bed and breakfast called to me. I should have let that call go unanswered.

I agree with another reviewer that each of the sub-plots had plenty of potential and I wanted to learn more about how Dee dealt with the death of her marriage and her father's death happening in such a close time frame. I'm positive that there is a story of its own there waiting to be told.

However, this author chose to give us a "beach read" in the truest sense of the phrase. There's no need to put on your thinking cap for this one - just go with the flow and you won't be disappointed. But if you'd like to explore each of the story lines in depth then pass this one by. You won't get so lost in the story that you'll forget about lunch.

Nice setting, variety of characters, and clean writing garner a strong 2.5 stars from this reviewer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Beach House.