Marion Marchetto's Reviews > When Beauty Tamed the Beast

When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James

Aug 19, 2011

bookshelves: historical-romance
Read on May 01, 2011 , read count: 1

If you like your heroine physically perfect yet somehow flawed, if you like your hero to be titled but uncaring for his title, then this book is for you. Eloise James creates two such lovable characters that it is extremely difficult to put down this book.

Our hero is a doctor. Not just a good doctor but a god among doctors who has under his wing a coterie of young doctors (today's interns). In a humorous vein Ms. James gives them some fun names which I will not divulge here. When Piers Yelverton (our hero doctor) realizes he is being matched with the delightful Miss Lynnet Thrynne (she who agrees to fake a pregnancy in order to marry), he balks at first. His gruff nature and limping gait (think Dr. House here) should be enough to put off Miss Thrynne. But Lynnet sees behind our Earl's gruff exterior to the hurt beneath the surface.

Wonderful characters, a new twist to romance, and some exciting escapades make this romance difficult to put down. It is Eloisa James at her best!

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Beauty Tamed the Beast.