Eunice's Reviews > Wither

Wither by Lauren DeStefano

Aug 19, 11

bookshelves: cool-covers, dystopian-postapocalyptic, favourites, ya-romance, young-adult
Read in August, 2011

4 of 5 stars

I just totally love this one! So in this world, people start to live really short, with a life span of 20 years for girls and 25 years for boys. Rhine, the heroine in the story was kidnapped along with other girls to be sold to House Governors to make them their wives, and of course to bear them children. She was force into a polygamous marriage to Linden Ashby, despite Linden’s genuine love for her and being the first wife she still plans to escape and look for her twin brother with the help of Gabriel, an attendant she is going dangerously attracted to.

I like Rhine and how she thinks about things, she’s smart, brave and seriously charming. I can see a little bit of Katniss in her. Though it is obviously implied that Gabriel is her hero, on the second half of the novel there is so little scenes of them together that I started to think that she might already really falling in love with Linden and forgetting the plan to escape with Gabriel, but thank God, in the end she sticks to her plan, and of course with Gabriel. Apparently the story is not yet finish, I think there are still more to come and I’m already longing for the second book. Another one added on my growing to-wait lists of novels. I highly recommend this one! :))

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wither.