Fred's Reviews > A Meeting at Corvallis

A Meeting at Corvallis by S.M. Stirling

Aug 21, 11

bookshelves: alternate-history, post-apocalyptic
Read from August 19 to 20, 2011

Amazing book and a great ending to the trilogy! I'm sad to see it end even though I know that there are already three books ready and waiting for me in the next trilogy. This book is all about the war, and although it was the Lord Protector who really wanted the war and no one else in the book wanted it to happen I feel like it's MY war because it took so long to get there and it was so built up and anticipated.

Some of my favorite characters die before the end, but their death moved the plot along and it wasn't a wasted death in terms of it's effect on the characters or the reader. If you like alternate history, fantasy, or post apocalyptic fiction then this book is for you.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Meeting at Corvallis.

08/19/2011 page 137
28.0% "Creepiest thing about reading a post apocalyptic story taking place in the Pacific Northwest is when they say things like ". . . and the plague victims had been buried in mass graves north of the Hewlett Packard plant . . ." and then I get to say things like "Holy crap, I know where that is.""