Rebecca's Reviews > Something Blue

F_50x66
May 03, 14

bookshelves: did-not-finish
Read from August 19 to 20, 2011

** spoiler alert ** My first problem with this book was it being written from the POV of Darcy, who I couldn't stand her in the first book, she was wholly self serving in the first book, if it wasn't about her it didn't matter. It put me off reading the book, but since I had it, I thought I'd read it.

The first 200 or so pages show how she and Marcus got together and how she (stupidly) got pregnant by him. She constantly creates drama in her relationship with him because he doesn't dress how she wants, because he doesn't care if Rachel and Dex are together or not, or because he doesn't buy her expensive gifts. It put me off the character completely.

When she decides to ring Ethan and live over there I was surprised at how quickly he caved since it was established in the first book how much he disliked Darcy and how he was more friendly with Rachel. It was completely unbelievable. I read to the end of the chapter and gave up. Reading what happens, I am glad I didn't carry on, it seems pretty unbelievable that Darcy and Ethan would get together especially after what they said about each other in the first book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something Blue.

05/03/2014 marked as: did-not-finish