Kelli Venier's Reviews > Runaway

Runaway by Meg Cabot

Aug 29, 11

bookshelves: ya-funny, ya-lighthearted
Read from August 19 to 25, 2011

I was kind of disappointed with this book. I was really annoyed by Emerson. It seemed like she was more whinny and just completely obsessed with her BF Christopher. Listen, I know all about being obsessed with boys and the relationship you have or may not have with them as a teenager, but good grief. She just kept repeating herself about the issues they have. And personally, I thought she was blowing them way out of proportion. Again, I get that's how some girls are, but when you have your family's lives, friend's lives and your own life to try and save from Robert Stark, who is clearly a threat and not to be messed with, focus your energy on saving lives, not on whether or not Christopher will call you or not.
I loved the turn the story took though. Robert Stark, who is responsible for the brain transplant Eme had with Super Model Nikki Howard, decided to cash in on his medical miracles. He introduces to his stock holders, who of all are 70 years and older, a new younger future. His company has special hardware hidden on their new computers that they are selling that will sort out young healthy men and women. He then holds an auction for the stockholders to pick their "new future bodies". The plan is to send these kids of trips by themselves and then have them eliminated, which will free their bodies for the owner. What a sick, awesome idea! Of course, Eme discovers Stark's secrets and with help of her BF and his computer whiz cousin, they take Stark done and they all happily ever after :)
It was quick fun read once you got over Eme's obsession with Christopher.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Runaway.